Tuesday 25 January 2011

Health and safety

When thinking about Health and Safety and photography, it got me a bit stumped to start with.  The more I thought about it though I realised that you are always doing safety checks in everyday life.  As all my photos were taken around water this is biggy with health and safety.
My photoshoot at the marina had lots of safety implications as all my photographs were taken near the water.  I had to make sure that I wasn't too close and followed any warning signs along the way.  I also had to watch out for my son who came with me.  I did take some pictures of swans and ducks which as everyone knows can be quite vicious, I had to keep distance and make sure not to scare them.
When I took the pictures at bath time, I had to be extra vigilant as I was bathing my son at the time and he is only 2 years old.  Also as explained previously in one of my blogs my son loves bath time and can get a little excited, therefore I had to make sure he didn't splash my camera.
With all my photo sessions I had to be careful and assess each situation to make sure myself and others were safe

No comments:

Post a Comment