Friday 14 January 2011

Research-Martin Waugh

Martin Waugh's photography is brilliant in my eyes.  So good that I gave it a go myself to try and take similar images.  I don't think I really give his photography justice, but I had lots of fun trying.  You can see my attempt of a water droplet from my final images and I'm sure with practice they will get better.




Martin Waugh-classic01



My attempt using a very slow shutter speed and tripod.  Using a standard lens as I don't have a macro lens.


Martin has a degree in physics and uses his knowledge of science to create these wonderful images.  He lives in Portland and exhibits his work in museums and it can also be bought for corporate and private collectors.

Martin Waugh explains below about his artwork:

'What you see on this site are high-resolution photographs of liquids in motion, captured with high-speed flash photography. I use Photoshop to clean up the background, balance the color and tidy up a bit. I don't alter the shapes or composition. What you see is what nature provided. (One exception: the lips in "Big Wet One Red" were crying for red lipstick, which Photoshop provided.)'

Big wet one


All images on this blog page have been taken off the internet and are copyright to Martin Waugh





No comments:

Post a Comment