Thursday 13 January 2011

Research-Chris Gloag

Chris Gloag is a portraiture photographer working in London for corporate and advertising clients.  The business was set up in 2000 with many years experience. Most of his photographs are taken for magazine purpose. Chris' photography does fascinate me with all the famous people he has photographed.

I love Gok Wan and seeing some of the images that Chris has taken really drew me to his photography.  This is from his work titled New Work and is quite recent.  These photos have obviously been taken in a studio environment with studio lighting.  He has placed Gok off centre which also leads the eye to the shadowing of the staircase. 







Here is some of Chris' corporate work:



I really like this image, I love the way the temple is faded out in thebackground showing a narrow depth of field.  To me it looks like it has been taken by the Taj Mahal, but I'm really not sure.  Chris has used location lighting for the shoot and you can see that he has used reflectors to enhance the models face and clothes.



This image actually looks like it has been manipulated, but I can't find anywhere on his wedsite that says anything about it.  I like the way the sun is reflecting, but it looks like there is also some location lighting being used.

All images on this blog page have been taken off the internet and are copyright to Chris Gloag

No comments:

Post a Comment