Saturday 22 January 2011

Unit 108-task 1a and 1b (image 3)

Unit 108-Task 1a (image manipulation)


Original images:
f5.6 1/40 iso 200 saved using JPEG
f5.6 1/60 iso 200 saved using JPEG

Final image:

Splash!


Unit 108-Task 1b (supporting evidence)

To manipulate these images I used photoshop CS4 at college. To start I brought up the image of the fish and used the magnetic lasso tool to cut around the fish, I then copy and paste it into the mini waterfall image.  I didn't like the look of the fish just sitting in the water so I played about with the opacity to fade him into the water.  I still wasn't happy so used the eraser tool to rub out his tail, I feel this gives the impression of him jumping out of the water. I thought the image would look good with a border therefore made a new layer and used the brush tool to make the lines for the border.  I then went to filter-blur-guassian blur to create a softer looking border.
The picture itself shows how it relates to the water theme and I'm sure it doesn't need explaining.
All pictures are my own and were taken with my sony DSLR a390 using manual setting and auto focus. I have manipulated my own images to create an unreal fun image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment