Tuesday 25 January 2011

Lenses

There are so many different types of lenses available on the market and having one for every occasion would be great!!

The standard lense which comes with most cameras is the one I have and the only one that I used this is a 50mm lens.

Here are some other lenses:

Wide Angled Lens:  These type of lenses are predominantly used by landscape photographers keeping the foreground as a focus.

Telephoto Lens:  This lens is great for bringing images that are in the distance close to you, making them the focus of the picture and the background out of focus.  Can be used to capture sporting events also.  Which I suppose you would say that this lens is the complete opposite of the wide angle lens.

Macro Lens:  I would love to have one of these lenses as close up photography can be really beautiful.  The quality of this lens is usually very good and get yo up close and personal with your chosen subject.

Fisheye Lens:  This lens has a full 180% angle and can make a picture look like the centre of it is coming out at you.  It reminds me of looking through a telescope.

Shift/perspective Control Lenses:  It helps you to take pictures of tall buildings so you don't have to tilt the camera.  Sounds all very technical to me and very expensive.  I'm sure only the dedicated photographer would have one of these lenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment